Laceration , from Latin laceratio, is the lacerating action and effect . East verb It refers to hurt, hurt, bruise, harm, violate or afflict . It can therefore be used in a physical sense (a wound concrete and corporal) or in a symbolic sense (an emotional wound).
For example: "The doctors said it is an important laceration that will take a long time to heal.", “The laceration caused by the coup forced us to apply seven stitches to the victim”, "What hurts the most are the lacerations of the soul".
Laceration can be defined as a break that occurs in the skin , which can be of varying severity. The minor lacerations They involve little pain and bleeding, without numbness or tingling in the area. These types of wounds usually heal in a short time, without having to go to a doctor .
The most important lacerations, on the other hand, include heavy bleeding and hurt a lot. Sometimes tendons or bones can be seen through the wound. In these cases, urgent medical attention is needed.
If minor laceration is suffered, it is important to clean the wound with warm water and soap . Then you should apply some ointment or remedy antibiotic and finally cover the laceration with a sterile gauze. It should be noted that this type of injury is quite common, since it is not a serious accident that deserves to go to a health center, but the result of a small neglect.
How to cure lacerations
All lacerations, regardless of their severity, should be treated as soon as possible. It is best to proceed with healing as soon as the wound has occurred, and for this there are certain essential steps, which are detailed below:
* if he accident It was produced with small pieces of some material, such as wood, metal or glass, it is recommended to carefully inspect the area of laceration for any residue. It is very important not to remove large ones, those that are embedded and that keep the wound closed, since this could increase the bleeding considerably;
* stop the bleeding by pressing the wound, either with gauze or with a clean piece of cloth, for an average of 15 minutes, depending on the severity of the laceration. If the bleeding does not stop, then it will be necessary to go to a medical center to receive Attention immediately;
* determine the depth of the wound, since if it is greater than 6 millimeters it becomes necessary to close it, such as the application of stitches or staples, which should be practiced by someone with specific experience and knowledge;
* use saline solution or Water clean to wash the laceration, so that dirt can be removed. It is advisable to press gently, to prevent the wound from opening again or bleeding again;
* cover the laceration completely using a bandage or gauze, avoiding using any material that can stick to the wound.
The liquid bandage is an ideal product for any minor laceration, and a recommended alternative over traditional bandages. Its action is to hold the skin and keep the wound closed until it heals, and the risk of infection It is considerably smaller than chiffon.
Laceration can also be metaphorical , when you suffer a deep pain in the soul: “Every word of yours produces a laceration in my spirit: I ask you not to continue”, “I will never forgive the emotional lacerations you caused to my son”, “The wounds on the face will heal quickly, but not the lacerations that occurred in the depth of my being”.