He verb sleep refers to what a human being or an animal does when it is in a resting state which implies the absence of voluntary movements and the suspension of the senses. When sleeping, the person is inactive .
For example: “I'm so tired that I plan to sleep until late ”, “Don't forget to brush your teeth before going to sleep”, “How much noise! You can't sleep with this scandal. ”.
The number of hours a subject must sleep at day To feel good and be healthy varies by age and other factors. In general, it can be said that an adult should sleep some eight hours daily . These hours of sleep are usually organized in four or five cycles of between ninety and one hundred and twenty minutes.
When sleeping, one person manages to eliminate cellular waste from his brain and manages to consolidate his memory. They are known as sleep disorders or sleep disorders to the inconveniences that can affect an individual and alter the sleep and wake cycle.
Sleep disorders are many, and some of them can have very serious consequences on the subject's daily life, both physically and mental and emotional It is important to note that the way they affect the course of sleep is not always direct. Let's look at some of the most common disorders:
* Sleep apnea : the individual pauses or more when breathing, or shallow breaths while sleeping;
* enuresis : The person cannot hold urine during sleep. This disorder can be very humiliating, regardless of age;
* insomnia : the dream is not enough, or else it fails to return the subject the Energy inverted the previous day;
* restless legs : It is a syndrome characterized by the desire or the need to move the legs to end certain annoying sensations;
* sleep paralysis : it is one of the worst disorders, since the individual wakes up in the middle of the phase REM, at which time only the brain is active. Since the only part of the body that can move is the eyes, hallucinations are common because of fear;
* sleepwalking : The person performs some activity while sleeping, such as walking around the house or even talking to others.
Sleeping sometimes leads to dreaming. A dream It is a representation that is created in the fantasy of the one who sleeps through images or events. Such representation is developed involuntarily.
Dreams are very important for some, although they are almost insignificant for others. This difference may be due to cultural or personal issues, as there are those who study them carefully to play their meanings because it is customary in their region or by their own choice, but there are also those who believe that dreams are arbitrary images without any meaning.
This also has an impact on the reasons that drive each person to sleep: while physical and mental fatigue is the basis, dream lovers have one more reason to lie down. rest , since new stories always await them, many of which serve to understand questions of their lives that they cannot see clearly during waking hours.
It should be noted that there are other meanings of the notion of sleeping. Occasionally, this term is used as synonymous from overnight : "Today I'm going to sleep at my girlfriend's house", "I don't know where we're going to sleep tonight". It can also refer to neglect or disregard something : "Be careful: in this business, if you get to sleep, you get over it", "For your inattention they made us a goal: don't go back to sleep!".